Sugar Glider Info South Africa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugar Glider Info South Africa

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» joey wanted for adoption
WARNING  Hoarder / Breeder Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:35 am by Glidermom

» WARNING Hoarder / Breeder
WARNING  Hoarder / Breeder Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:01 pm by Guest

» Urgently require a temporary home for two sugar gliders
WARNING  Hoarder / Breeder Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:42 pm by Phunna

» I have 2 x baby sugar gliders (female) for sale
WARNING  Hoarder / Breeder Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:07 pm by lizabrits

» Sugar Glider Wheels for sale!
WARNING  Hoarder / Breeder Icon_minitime1Sat May 10, 2014 5:13 am by Glidermom

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 93 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:14 am

You are not connected. Please login or register

WARNING Hoarder / Breeder

+4
Glidermom
Suggie Mamma
Ashy
ronelrat
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1WARNING  Hoarder / Breeder Empty WARNING Hoarder / Breeder Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:48 pm

ronelrat

Sorry I didn't know under which section I should post. 
Just warning all against a lady that is currently under investigation.  She lives in the Krugersdorp area and breeding anything and everything.  She is adding new species all the time so wont be surprised to see suggies or tenrecs in her collection soon.  PLEASE DO NOT SELL TO THIS LADY!! 
Don't mail her either until our investigation is complete.  She disappeared the previous time after her horses were confiscated - they have been seriously neglected and underfed.

She currently breeds and sells horses, miniature horses, miniature pigs, guinea pigs, rabbits, chinchillas, rats and mice.  She is currently contacting the pedigree rat breeders trying to obtain exotic rats... telling lies in e-mails about wanting them as pets.
She has no clue about genetics or caring for these poor animals in a proper way. 
She often advertises pregnant animals for sale and even rabbits mated to her lop (There is none in SA)

Seems like she especially goes for that "free to good home ads" but are willing to buy exotics to make an extra buck!

FB group:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]    
Website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Just thought I'd warn you guys. Keep those suggies safe.

Regards, Ronel

2WARNING  Hoarder / Breeder Empty Re: WARNING Hoarder / Breeder Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:52 pm

ronelrat

She uses the following e-mail address:  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3WARNING  Hoarder / Breeder Empty Re: WARNING Hoarder / Breeder Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:02 pm

Ashy

Ashy

Thank you ronelrat.. Its good to know so we can all be careful. People can be very horrible.... smack 

WARNING  Hoarder / Breeder 1450303471 WARNING  Hoarder / Breeder 3130104138

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

5WARNING  Hoarder / Breeder Empty Re: WARNING Hoarder / Breeder Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:03 am

Glidermom

Glidermom
Admin

Thank you for the heads up Ronel.  I am sure we have dealt with her before, if it is the woman I think it is, she has a pending case against her regarding a sugar glider sold too young that died.  Not sure if it's the same woman though.

Will see what we can do from our side.

http://www.sugarglider.co.za

6WARNING  Hoarder / Breeder Empty Re: WARNING Hoarder / Breeder Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:03 am

Glidermom

Glidermom
Admin

I will also alert the chinchilla board.

7WARNING  Hoarder / Breeder Empty Re: WARNING Hoarder / Breeder Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:58 pm

ronelrat

She uses the name Laura and Lauren.  When she lived in Outshoorn (Where her horse sanctuary was closed down and 44 horses confiscated by the SPCA) she was known as Laura Seymour,  then Laura McIlrath and recently got married again and is now Le Maitre. 
She uses several e-mail addresses too.

If you think this is the same person, please contact Anneri from Mischief Rescue / products, as she and her team is building the case against her and are busy gathering information:  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 
They have someone going in under cover this week to check the premises and animals out.

She stated on her website that these are her pets and she only has baby animals available occasionally, yet she send out this message 2 days ago:

"Special prices for christmas!!!Guinea pig babies only R150 a pair (long and short hair), Angora rabbits only R150 a pair, Pet rats only R60 a pair, Pet mice only R30 a pair, Teacup piglets only R5500 a pair. These special prices are valid until the 15th December!!! First come first served, limited number of babies available. Please contact me for pictures and more information."

Besides being terrible selling animals on special for Christmas, she also has potbellies NOT miniatures, Jersey woollies, not angora and no long coat guinea pigs (only mixed breeds, yet claims to have texel, sheltie) and she lists her new Zealand rabbits on website simply as giant breed.  She doesn't even have basic knowledge about the animals she breeds.  Her Chinchillas are having their first babies now. 
I send her several care guides on proper rat care, but don't think she even read it....

8WARNING  Hoarder / Breeder Empty Re: WARNING Hoarder / Breeder Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:02 am

Glidermom

Glidermom
Admin

Thank you Ronel, I am waiting for confirmation and will send Anneri all the case details if it is indeed the same woman.  Good luck in your mission and please keep us updated.  Also let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

9WARNING  Hoarder / Breeder Empty Re: WARNING Hoarder / Breeder Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:47 am

KiittyCat

I hope that the investigation will put her in her place so that se can never sell any animals again.
Good luck

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

11WARNING  Hoarder / Breeder Empty Re: WARNING Hoarder / Breeder Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:45 pm

Rope Dancer

I'm horrified; how on earth can anyone sell such a diversity of animals, keep track of whom is breeding with whom and keep them all good heath! I won't be surprised if there is inbreeding going on. And what about the chances of diseases being transmitted from one species to another!    box     

Poor animals.

I hope the investigation will put an end to this; holding thumbs.

12WARNING  Hoarder / Breeder Empty Re: WARNING Hoarder / Breeder Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:36 am

Jayde

I was just wondering if anything happened here?  This woman is still breeding in Magaliesburg.  She told me that someone was looking after her horses in Oudtshoorn and then refused to return them and that she as was going to get legal advice to get them back.  Her giant bunnies and baby bunnies interbred and they thought it was quite funny.  A sugar glider baby lost it's mom, so john squished it under his boot as the "kindest thing" to do.  He didn't tell me, so it's heresay, but he told my mother and my mother was horrified.  They have chinchillas ready for sale again.  They sold a male and female sugar glider to a woman to drove all the way up from the Cape - and after some research I realised why someone would drive so far....it's illegal to sell/keep (not sure which) in that area.  I would like to remain anonymous if that is possible because I have animals which they could easily gain access to and they are not very nice people.  I am already in trouble with them for send the Horsecare unit there - twice - and phoning the SPCA about their Angora goat (they never came).  They have also recently had tea cup piggies for sale, and a pig-lady told me there is no such thing as a tea cup pig.  So.....after my little rant.....did anything come of the investigation that was in progress in December last year?  Thanks.

13WARNING  Hoarder / Breeder Empty Re: WARNING Hoarder / Breeder Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:36 am

SizzyShan

SizzyShan

My word people like that should be shot how could somebody be so heartless and cruel?
If i ever come across this women i will personally take physical action to save those animals, even if i get into trouble as long as they are safe box smack bat WARNING  Hoarder / Breeder 1844563385

14WARNING  Hoarder / Breeder Empty Labour Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:01 pm

John Le Maitre

This woman is in leratong hospital, having severe contractions whilst giving birth tonight.  :lol!:Guess Karma is real

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum